No one can love you like you, because no one knows you like you. Today we want to consider some practical ways to do so. Learning to love yourself will set a remarkable standard for anyone coming into your life to live up to. Without this personal love standard in place, you run the risk of being abused, misused and undermined in your love endeavors. Here they are.
- ACCEPT YOUR ANATOMY. One of the greatest indicators of self love is personal acceptance of your body. Unfortunately many people are at war with their own anatomy, as they wallow under the illusion that someone else’s body would have been better for them. This insecurity can be easily picked up by emotional vampires, who tend to exploit the person through flattering. Notice I am not advocating bodily complacency. I am just saying that you are better off appreciating the uniqueness of your body and the strategic opportunities that it affords you.
- ACCEPT YOUR HISTORY. We all did some things we weren’t proud of in our past. This could range from a child outside wedlock to a life of crime or even rebellion. Most of us however choose to labor under the guilt and shame of our past to the detriment of our self worth. The fact is that we can’t change our yesterday, no matter how hard we try. Until we accept where we have been, we won’t be free to embrace where we are going. We must cherish our history and internalize the lessons we have learnt. Anyone who isn’t willing to accept your past isn’t qualified to be in your future,provided that your past is past.
- ACCEPT YOUR PROCLIVITIES. We all have them no matter how good-natured we seem. We all have our personal inadequacies. I am not using this as an alibi to stay the same. Its just the way we were made by the creator. Perhaps his purpose in permitting them is to keep us humble and dependent on his grace. Without our weaknesses we all would have been susceptible to extreme manifestations of pride. If our weaknesses doesn’t stop the creator from loving us, it shouldn’t stop us from loving ourselves. In fact I believe that our weaknesses represent the greatest opportunity for the relevance of our lovers, if they know how to compensate for our inadequacies.
- ACCEPT YOUR PERSONAL DIFFERENCE. You are not like anybody, neither will anybody ever be like you. You are unique, one of your kind. This, you must accept as a fact. In fact you must learn to internalize, analyze and capitalize on your uniqueness. This exudes love and confidence in who you are as a person. This makes you quickly noticeable by individuals who desire the difference that you represent.
This integrated type of self acceptance is the true mark of someone who has come to love themselves. The confidence that comes from accepting who you are holistically, is one of the most attractive forces in a relationship. Without self acceptance all our attempts at loving ourselves will fail.
THE GREATEST IS LOVE
Love Dynamics Global
Enthronement Assembly Lagos
@lovedynamix on twitter
* Please note that all enquiries about speaking engagements and professional counseling should be sent by email to the above email address. Thanks.
* Also feel free to download our newly launched Love Dynamics app on blackberry app world. Simply click on the following link and download for free. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/39425945